February may be the shortest month of the year but there’s plenty to explore in the Magic City throughout its days, from magical gardens to dreamy candlelit concerts and the best romantic restaurants. Read on to discover what Miami has in store this month!
1. It’s your final chance to check out Stranger Things: The Official Store
February 26 is your last chance to experience the epic Stranger Things Store that’s taken over Aventura Mall. Walk through Hawkins High, Starcourt Mall and even the Palace Arcade, all while shopping for an array of exclusive merch like rad tee-shirts, awesome posters, and nostalgic candy favorites. You don’t want to miss out!
2. Let music carry you away with a live-to-headphones ‘silent’ piano experience
Take a blissful journey as pianist Murray Hidary plays real-time compositions that are played directly into your ears as you relax and take in your surroundings. Set on the sands of Miami Beach, MindTravel’s signature Live-to-Headphones “Silent” Piano Experience will take place Sunday, February 5. Be ready to let your mind wander with this unique musical experience here.
3. Celebrate Black History Month
There is no shortage of ways to honor and celebrate Black History Month in Miami, from visiting unmissable exhibits to attending concerts highlighting jazz and afrobeat musicians. Check out the full round-up of events and exhibits — many of which are free — here!
4-8. Plan the most romantic Valentine’s Day date
February is also the month of love, and there’s so much going on to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Make it a day (or month) to remember with these memorable activities, concerts, events and restaurants in Miami. Whether you’re spending the day with your partner, friends, family, or yourself, these are the perfect date ideas. Check out:
- Our full Valentine’s Day roundup for some lovely ways to spend the day
- 20 of the most romantic restaurants in Miami
- Forget love letters, say it the Miami way with heart-shaped croquetas and pastelitos!
- For the singles — unique V-Day ideas to celebrate the perfect Galentine’s Day or take yourself out on a date
- And 30 date ideas that include romance and a little playful competition
9. Walk directly into wonderful masterpieces at Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience
The perfect date for any occasion, Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience is a spectacular exhibition boasting state-of-the-art technology, guaranteed to completely guide you through the universe of the Dutch genius, Vincent van Gogh. Click here to get your tickets to this immersive exhibit.
10. Make a reservation at Miami Beach’s newest restaurant
The iconic Paris Theater, built in 1945, is getting a breath of fresh air with the creation of Queen Miami Beach. Set to be one of the most luxurious restaurants in the city, it will serve Japanese cuisine and strives to present world-class hospitality once it opens on February 2nd. Take a peek inside here.
11. And unforgettable dinner plans at this immersive pop-up restaurant
Hidden Worlds is back this February 15th to March 4th, taking diners under the sea and into the mangroves with another immersive dinner voyage to bring awareness to ocean conservation and taking care of the planet. Set in Ampersand Studios in Edgewater, you’ll have the option of choosing one of two fine dining experiences or a daytime show for the family. Read all about it here.
12. Watch Wicked before the pop-u-lar musical heads to the big screen
We all know the iconic musical is getting a two-part film adaptation with Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo, and although it won’t be arriving in theaters anytime soon, the Broadway musical is headed to the Adrienne Arsht Center this February 15! Wicked, which looks at what happened in the Land of Oz but from a different angle, has mesmerized audiences around the world for over a decade. It’s currently the 5th running show in Broadway history and is the winner of over 100 international awards including the Grammy Award and three Tony Awards.
13-19. Take in a stunning concert by candlelight
The Candlelight Concert series has taken over several historic venues throughout the city, and transformed them into enchanting oases to experience your favorite music tracks like never before. Check out all the concerts happening in February below, or the full line-up here.
- Feb. 4 – Candlelight Ballet: Featuring Tchaikovsky and More
- Feb. 9 – Candlelight: Classic Rock on Strings
- Feb. 10 – Candlelight: Valentine’s Day Special ft. “Romeo and Juliet” and More
- Feb. 11 – Candlelight Open Air: Valentine’s Day Special ft. “Romeo and Juliet” and More
- Feb. 18 – Candlelight: The Best of Joe Hisaishi
- Feb. 19 – Candlelight Open Air: A Jazz Tribute to The Miles Davis Classic Quintet
- Feb. 23 – Candlelight: A Tribute to Adele
20. Have the time of your life at Wigwood
South Florida’s annual queer performance festival, Wigwood, features all types of drag performances, DJs, and vendors. On February 4 to 5, it’ll take over Gramps and Arlo Wynwood for two epic parties. Drag legends Tammie Brown and Lady Bunny will be headlining and DJing, accompanied by a showcase of electrifying drag performances.
21. Attend Miami’s first and only après-ski party
Pilo’s Tequila Garden is bringing White Tiger Tavern, a champagne-spraying-fueled après ski party, to Wynwood every Sunday! French for “after ski,” après ski is the time people spend after hitting the slopes while drinking with friends. Miami may not have the mountains, but we sure know how to party. Read about the seasonal pop-up until the month of March here.
22. Head to the We Belong Here Festival
We Belong Here, a boutique festival at Virginia Key Beach Park, returns to the island from February 25-26. Acts on the EDM-centric bill include Korolova, Themba, Kaskade, Lane8, James Hype, Gioli & Assia, and many more.
23. See Titanic 3D on the big screen for its 25th anniversary
Get ready to sob on February 10 as the James Cameron classic returns to the big screen once again, more vividly than ever before. The re-release is in 3D 4K HDR and high-frame rate – a vast improvement on the once cutting-edge visuals of the original. Read more here.
24. Save on a trip to the movies with the AMC Black Ticket
The AMC Black Ticket grants admission to any 2D movie at any time in participating AMC Theatres®. Take advantage of this discounted price for a movie ticket that never expires, so you can save it for a rainy day or catch the next big blockbuster.
25. Dance the night away to live performances at Rhythm Portal
Every Wednesday, live musical shows and DJ sets take over Little River’s Center for Subtropical Affairs’ luscious outdoor garden for the Rhythm Portal, where rhythm and energy grab your soul and transport you to a new world. Eleven musicians from around the world come together on one stage to improvise each and every week, the show will host a new special guest. No two shows are the same – don’t miss out and click here for tickets!
26. Indulge yourself with some mouthwatering eats at SOBEWFF
The South Beach Food & Wine Festival returns for its 22nd iteration of fun and top-notch cuisine on February 23-26. Every year, the famous festival brings together some of the best chefs, restaurants and foodies from around the world for all things culinary. All proceeds from the event benefit the students of the Florida International University Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management who also assist organizers with running the festival.
27. View works by hundreds of artists at the Superfine Art Fair
Art lovers unite! The Superfine Art Fair returns to Ice Palace Studios in the heart of downtown Miami from February 16-19 and tickets are currently on sale! Roam the works of over 100 artists to find your next piece or relax at the venue’s outdoor garden space while you contemplate just which pieces you want to take home with you. Better yet, meet the artists themselves, one-on-one, at the event!
28. Enjoy the ultimate bike ride around Miami Beach
Why not get out on a lovely sunny day for a ride around the city? At this perfect bike tour around Miami Beach, pass by famous sights and hidden gems like the Botanical Garden, Holocaust Memorial, Versace Mansion and more. Get your tickets here.
29. Score your way through Pixar Putt
The highly anticipated Pixar Putt has rolled into Las Olas Oceanside Park for a limited time and it’s made up of interactive holes inspired by the stories and characters from some of Pixar’s most iconic films! Play your way through familiar favorites like Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., and Soul.
30. Catch one of the sexiest and sensual shows in the city!
Watch an outrageous burlesque show with circus performances and live singing while sipping on unique cocktails. Featuring acrobatics, an aerial show and gorgeous and talented performers, Nocturna: Red Writing at Savage Labs will leave you craving for more! Showing you what forbidden fantasies look like, it’s sure to be unlike any show you have seen before! Get your tickets here.
31. Head to a pirate-themed cocktail experience sailing its way to Ft. Lauderdale
Step into the Savor Cinema for a chilling cocktail experience in the dead of night. Sip on themed cocktails and listen to the dead tell their mysterious tales at the Pirates and Rum Experience. Beware, as the night holds multiple surprises. Snag your tickets here, now!
32. Visit the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck at Sawgrass Mills
The massively popular cafe on wheels recently made a stop at Dolphin Mall, but now is expected to roll by Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise on February 4th! Hello Kitty fans flock to this adorable cafe truck selling mini cakes, cookies, and macarons, plus limited-edition Hello Kitty merch. Look for the Sanrio-swathed van between St. John and Burberry. Click here to learn more.
33. Come face-to-face with dinos by joining the Dinos Alive waitlist
Calling all dino lovers! You can join the waiting for the Dinos Alive walkthrough adventure now. With over 80 specimens of life-sized moving replicas, from the mighty T. Rex to the massive Brachiosaurus, this exhibit promises an out-of-this-world Jurassic experience. Join the waitlist here!
34. And step into Bubble World: An Immersive Experience
Inside this surreal world full of bubbles, you’ll have the opportunity to hop from one immersive space to the next, experiencing them all with your five senses! With oversized bubbles, more than 10 rooms, and VR tech and simulators, this sensory universe will give you the opportunity to see the world in a whole new way. Join the waitlist now to secure the first chance to grab tickets.