The spooky season is now officially over and many of us have already pulled out the tinsel and Santa hats. With the holidays slowly creeping upon us, there’s still plenty to do in in Miami to enjoy the remainder the fall season before it ends and the cheerful Christmas decor goes up. Check these out!
This dazzling light show is taking over Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden and transforming it into a wonderland of lights featuring technicolor flowers, rainbow colored pathways, and interactive technology like a motion sensing feature and outdoor holograms! Tickets can be found here.
Hawkins has finally made its way to Miami and you can find it inside the official Stranger Things pop-up store in Aventura Mall. Explore all of your favorite locations from the show, like Hawkins High, Starcourt Mall or even the Palace Arcade all while shopping for an array of exclusive merch like rad tee-shirts, awesome posters, and nostalgic candy favorites. Don’t be a wastoid and reserve your spot now!
The most colorful exhibit in Miami is still on view and it blends both art and technology! As you step into the artistic exploration of color at the Pantone Color of the Year 2023 Experience, the latest installation at ARTECHOUSE, you’ll find yourself whisked away into a vibrant world of textures and hues that is constantly evolving. You can get your tickets here, but hurry because it’ll only be here until January 7th!
4. Enjoy these enchanting Candlelight concerts
Experience an absolutely magical fall here in Miami, thanks to the iconic venues the city has to offer. The gorgeous Candlelight concert series is taking the MIA by storm with a plethora of concerts dedicated to the best in music, movies, and beyond. Check out this month’s recommendations below or see the full line-up for these magical concerts here.
- Candlelight: A Tribute to Ed Sheeran
- Candlelight: A Tribute to Fleetwood Mac
- Candlelight: Classic Rock on Strings
- Candlelight: Featuring Vivaldi’s Four Seasons & More
- Candlelight Open Air: A Tribute to Juan Gabriel
- Candlelight: A Tribute to Coldplay
5. Head on out to Knaus Berry Farm for some cinnamon rolls and strawberries
It’s the perfect time to finally get our hands on as many warm sticky buns as we can because Knaus Berry Farm is open for the season! The famous farm is known for its sheer-perfect cinnamon rolls for which fans usually line up for hours outside the farm’s bakery. Lines usually start early in the morning around 8 a.m. when the bakery opens and can even go past the two-hour mark. But we’re honestly not surprised fans are willing to wait that long for a fresh batch, the rolls are absolutely incredible!
Name something better than catching a free movie on a 60-foot floating screen as the weather begins to cool. That’s right, you can’t. Pérez Art Museum Miami has brought back its free Floating Films Series in collaboration with Ballyhoo Media and this month, you can catch “Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am” on Thursday, November 3.
Take part in the many Día de los Muertos celebrations happening throughout the city, which commences each year on Oct. 31 through Nov. 2, including:
- Nov. 2: Listen to classics from Día De Los Muertos: Celebrating the Day of the Dead in flickering candlelight.
- Nov. 5: CityPlace Doral’s first-ever Día de los Muertos with everything from face painting and food sampling to performances by folkloric dancers, stilt walkers, mariachis and costumed characters.
- Nov. 5: The annual Florida Day of the Dead Festival in Fort Lauderdale.
- Now-Nov. 6: Toro Toro’s Día de Los Muertos menu specials.
From Union Square to Lincoln Road, one of NYC’s biggest holiday markets is coming to Miami for the first time and it plans to feature more than 100 local and out-of-state vendors. So mark your calendars for sweater weather because it will be open from November 15 through February 15. In fact, several local and national vendors have already been announced so find the initial lineup here.
Keep your eyes peeled for these colorful creatures because they’re brightening up Lincoln Road this winter. The sculptures, by world-renowned French artist Richard Orlinski, feature iconic pieces from his recent Avenue des Champs Elysée exhibition in Paris. Timed with Art Basel, the outdoor exhibition will be on display beginning at the end of November through March 2023.
10. Head to this year’s Miami Book Fair
Book lovers, mark your calendars because the Miami Book Fair back and it’s filled with author conversations, a colorful street fair, kid-friendly activities, live music and more! For the past 38 years, the Miami Dade College fair has brought in over hundreds of renowned authors from all over the world together. This year is no different — from Kevin Nealon to Azar Nafisi! Events for the 39th iteration kick off Sunday, November 13 and run all the way through Sunday, November 20.
11-14. Make the most of outdoor dining in Miami
If there’s something Miami certainly knows how to do is outdoor dining. Gorgeous waterfront enclaves, lush hidden gardens and stunning rooftops with dazzling city views– there’s no shortage of outdoor spots to check out in the 305. That’s why we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite outdoor dining spots you have to check out in Miami. Take a look!
- 9 Lush, Plant-Filled Miami Spots For An Enchanting Evening Al-Fresco
- 12 Wonderful Waterfront Dining Destinations To Check Out In Miami
- 12 Beautiful Miami Rooftops With Breathtaking Views Of The City
- 15 Of The Best Patio Bars In Miami
It’s always an ‘ice’ day to go ice skating! We may only get the heat here, but high temps are the perfect excuse to go out and glide on ice and pretend you’re part of your own holiday movie special. Check them out:
- Scott Rakow Youth Center, Miami Beach
- Kendall Ice Arena
- Basement, Miami Beach
- Pines Ice Arena, Pembroke Pines
19. Go snow tubing at Snowcat Ridge, Florida’s only snow park!
Florida’s first and only snow park, Snowcat Ridge has just announced it will be making a comeback for another snowy season in the Sunshine State on November 10. Yes, the drive up to Dade City is about four hours, but seeing as snow is an all-impossible phenomenon here in Florida don’t let that deter you from experiencing the cold alpine weather and go snow tubing in the heart of our tropical state!
Smorgasburg, America’s largest open-air food market with locations in New York and Los Angeles, launched in Wynwood earlier this year. The beloved food market, which draws thousands of visitors every Saturday in search of a great afternoon of eating, drinking, and meeting up with friends, will officially introduce Sundays at Smorg. Beginning on Sunday, November 13, the market will be open on Sundays in addition to Saturdays.
Perfect for family-friendly weekend plans or a fun date idea, this newly opened mini-golf course that combines fun and technology is just what Brickell City Centre needs! With 27,000 square feet to play in, Puttshack Miami comprises of three separate nine-hole courses alongside crafty cocktails and a tempting menu. The playground is fully lit up by neon lights, which give off more of an upscale nightclub vibe than your typical golf course.
22. See captivating artwork during Miami Art Week
Art lovers make sure to mark your calendars for Miami Art Week 2022! Returning November 29 to December 4, the Magic City is set to explode with public art, pop-up projects, installations and fairs. Here are some events and installations to expect, but stay tuned for more:
- Wynwood’s first hotel, the 9-story Arlo, is partnering with artist Brooke Einbender on an installation called “The Unknown Zone.” It will feature “mind-bending” installations that bridge the physical and digital realms, including Enbender’s mixed-reality reclaimed door installations layered with cutting-edge technology. The exhibition opens Tuesday, Nov. 29, and will be complimentary to visitors.
- The Shelborne South Beach is welcoming contemporary Korean artist Rosanna Kalis for a special activation in the hotel’s Oasis Garden, where you’ll currently find the 2 Korean Girls pop-up restaurant. Art installations will transform the space with new murals, hanging clouds, and digital screens showcasing art and K-pop music videos. Rosanna’s paintings and custom sneakers will be installed in the hotel’s interior to flow toward the entrance to the pool deck.
- On Nov. 29, the Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, will host a concert in partnership with the Miami Symphony Orchestra to celebrate seven decades of iconic Miami history, arts, and culture. As part of the performance, 3D-printed instruments by Eric Goldemberg and Veronica Zalcberg of MONAD Studio, in collaboration with Scott F Hall, will be played by orchestra members.
If you’ve ever wanted to step inside the smoking hot world of the Magic Mike movies, now’s your chance! Channing Tatum, director Steven Soderbergh, and the rest of the crew behind the hit films have brought a 360-degree immersive experience full of incredible choreography, acrobatics, live music and cocktails to the 305.
Treetop Trekking, South Florida’s only aerial zipline adventure park, will take you into the canopies high above Jungle Island, strap you in and send you on a thrilling ride. Not only will you get magnificent views of the skyline, you can likely even spot some critters below! That is, if you’re brave enough to look down. Located inside Jungle Island, the park spans six acres and is packed with three thrilling courses. Each is color-coded based on difficulty level and height, with the lowest at 3 feet and the highest at 55 feet.
Have you ever had a tres leches roll? How about a guava y queso roll? Well, Night Owl Cookies founder, Andrew Gonzalez, is taking on a new tasty venture that’s putting a spin on your average cinnamon roll. The new dessert shop, Rolled, features 10 signature flavors of the delectable treats — but only two actually have cinnamon!
Santa’s Enchanted Forest will be making a comeback for the 2022 holiday season and once again it has found a new home. Previously housed at Tropical Park and Hialeah, everyone’s favorite Christmas theme park recently announced it will be moving to 7500 NW 87th Ave. It will be opening on Wednesday, November 9, and will remain open until Sunday, January 8!
27-46. Get your brunch on!
Why not make the most out of your weekends by brunching yourself through Miami? Put on your brunch best and head on out to try the best Eggs Benedict, mimosas and avocado toast that Miami has to offer at one of these 20 awesome brunch spots. Dale!
If you’re looking for the perfect lush garden to ‘wine’ and dine in, Ruka Winewood in Miami’s Art District is the ideal spot for wine, cheese, live music and chatting it up with friends and family. You’ll want to snag seating in the garden to really feel like you’ve been whisked away from the city.
When it comes to celebrity-owned restaurants, Miami’s pretty star-studded. From a reggaetonero’s bakery to a fast-casual franchise by a beloved rapper, so many stars want a piece of the city’s thriving culinary scene. Check out our recommendations below and click here for the full round-up:
- La Industria Bakery & Cafe, Downtown (Nicky Jam)
- Strawberry Moon, Miami Beach (Pharrell and Dave Grutman)
- Okami, Miami Design District (William Levy and Pedro Orihuela)