Summer has officially kicked off and no matter what the start of the season has you looking for, it’s the perfect time for endless outdoor dining paired with waterfront breezes! While Miami certainly doesn’t lack in that department, Coconut Grove is stepping up its seaside dining game with the arrival of a new entertainment venue: Regatta Grove.
Created by local Breakwater Hospitality Group, the minds behind The Wharf Miami and Fort Lauderdale, JohnMartin’s and Carousel Club, the open-air spot will bring life to the new Regatta Harbour development. It aims to become the city’s next hotspot to experience exceptional food activations, groovy music and of course, lofty waterfront views.
With help from another major restaurant group that recently opened Bayshore Club in the Grove, Grove Bay Hospitality Group, the new venue boasts a star-studded lineup of Michelin-starred and James Beard Award-nominated chefs that will operate their own food outposts. Expect concepts from chefs Jeremy Ford (of Stubborn Seed), Jose Mendin (Pubbelly Sushi), Kenny Gilbert (Silkie’s in Jacksonville), Janine Booth and Jeff McInnis (Root & Bone and Stiltsville Fish Bar).
Chef outposts include:
- JJ’s (Guilty Pleasures) by Chef Jeremy Ford, with a menu consisting of delicious burgers (like a mouth-watering fried soft-shell crab burger), tacos, savory truffle fries, and crispy onion rings.
- The Piefather by Chef Jose Mendin, a pizza and Italian restaurant concept with a signature house-made “Don” specialty sauce, imported Italian toppings and original fresh dough.
- Sunny Side Aussie Bites + Ice by Chef Janine Booth, featuring a flavor-packed menu with savory Aussie pies, sausage rolls and empanadas, as well as healthy dishes like avocado toast, sunny salads and vibrant ripe fruit-filled sorbets and ice creams.
- House of Birds & Drop Biscuits by Chef Kenny Gilbert, where guests can indulge in Signature Fried Chicken and Artisanal Drop Biscuit Sandwiches (paired with the mouthwatering Flavor Bomb Sauce), along with an assortment of delicious salads and sides.
- Tackle Box by Chef Jeff McInnis, otherwise described as a “waterfront fish shack with a view.” Choose from local fish tail sliders to chilled stone crab and caviar.
Additionally, the one-acre outpost overlooking Biscayne Bay will have three bars and a beverage program centered on refreshing, tropical, hand-crafted cocktails that perfectly pair with the open-air setting! There’s space for a capacity of 981 people standing and seated, with 412 total seats.
Taking inspiration from the Florida coast, the venue itself has been designed to resemble the bow of a boat, featuring multiple decks, green lawn areas for a variety of programming related to entertainment and wellness, and a walkway to the waterfront. You can choose to arrive on land or by boat, as there are multiple decks and direct access to a marina too.
“Regatta Grove is a one-of-a-kind concept and a special opportunity for our team to bring a fresh perspective on waterfront entertainment to South Florida,” says Emi Guerra, co-founder of Breakwater Hospitality Group. “Breakwater Hospitality Group’s goal is to continue elevating entertainment experiences while bringing innovative activations, creative beverage programs and chef-driven dining concepts together in one convenient location. ”
Find Regatta Grove at 3415 Pan American Drive, Miami, FL 33133 at Regatta Harbour. For more information, click here to visit their website.