The votes are in. West Palm Beach’s holiday lights celebration, Holiday in Paradise, is one of the country’s best public holiday lights displays according to USA Today.
On the list for a second year in a row, it’s part of the outlet’s annual 10Best “Best Public Holiday Lights Display” which is voted on first by a panel of experts to pick the initial nominees and then determined by a popular vote of readers. The holiday attraction ranked at #4 on this year’s list:
- Bentleyville “Tour of Lights” – Duluth, Minnesota
- Festival of Lights – Riverside, California
- Lights on Jeater Bend – Celebration, Florida
- Holiday in Paradise – West Palm Beach, Florida
- Lights Under Louisville – Louisville, Kentucky
- The Legendary Lights of Historic Clifton Mill – Clifton, Ohio
- Christmas Town USA – McAdenville, North Carolina
- Natchitoches Christmas Festival – Natchitoches, Louisiana
- Austin Trail of Lights – Austin, Texas
- The Lights of Christmas – Stanwood, Washington
For more than a decade, Holiday in Paradise has been a tradition for South Florida families. The highlight of the celebration is Sandi, an impressive 35-foot-tall, 700-ton holiday tree made out of sculpted sand that lights up every night in December. In addition to Sandi, the city features sing-alongs with the tree, a Ferris wheel (coyly named Ferris), a spectacular light show and a synchronized dancing water show, all of which USA Today voters took into account when it came to the ranking.
The West Palm holiday attraction runs through December 31 so there’s still time to ride the Ferris Wheel and watch Sandi in all her glory and the skyline from high above. If you can’t check it out this year, it’s something to add to the wish list for next year! There will synchronized music and light shows on the quarter hour from 6 to 10 p.m. through New Year’s Eve.
LOCATION: 100 N. Clematis Street, West Palm Beach