While any day is a fabulous time to spoil your mother, grandmother or maternal figure, Mother’s Day is the official day to pay tribute to them and all that they’ve done for you. This year, it falls on Sunday, May 14, meaning it’s just around the corner. Whether it’s a decadent brunch, intimate concert, or just overall quality time, here are 26 ideas to make the day special!
There’s nothing like taking mom out to a nice meal, and Miami has a number of beautiful patios that bring on the charm and feature floral touches all throughout. We’ve put together a list of places in where to dine beneath floral-drenched canopies, many of which will feature Mother’s Day specials, like Abbalé Telavivian Kitchen with a complimentary welcome mimosa for all moms. Or Israeli-Mediterranean MOTEK with a specially curated drink, ‘Mom’s Day Off’, available exclusively at their newest location in Coral Gables. Take a look at the prettiest outdoor dining spots in Miami here.
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is bringing back its annual Mother’s Day in the Garden — a full day of fun activities designed for families to celebrate the special moms in their lives. The festivities will take place on May 14, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., among the stunning 83-acre greenery. Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the Garden’s many paths, indulge in a delicious picnic basket lunch, treat mom to a spa treatment from The Couture Spa, or simply relax and unwind while appreciating the beautiful surroundings.
Watching Van Gogh’s enchanting brushstrokes swirl around as glowing projections is a truly unforgettable experience, and one you should add to your Mother’s Day to-dos. You’ll come face-to-face with paintings like ‘Starry Night’ and ‘Almond Blossoms’ in a 360-degree spectacle, with video mapping and projections. Reserve your tickets today!
If there were any right time to make it into a calming environment with holistic treatments, massages and facials, it would be for Mother’s Day. This year, pamper mom with a rejuvenating experience in the highlights below, and click here for our full spa roundup.
- Indulge her with a “Mom’s Perfect Day” treatment at âme Spa and Wellness Collective, featuring a non-invasive radiofrequency facelift, or the “It’s All About Mom on Mother’s Day” treatment with an electro-sound lymphatic drainage therapy followed by an infrared detox experience with Ion therapy, stones, photon light and PEMF. Then relax with a customized massage and an express facial with the “Perfect Day (Off)” treatment.
- Give mom the gift of feeling refreshed at The Spa at The Surf Club with an uplifting dual treatment that begins with a targeted massage using luxurious atomic oils and warm stones. This is followed by an express face cleanse and a glass of champagne and a parting spa gift on their way out.
- Give back some of Mom’s unconditional love and treat her to a spa day at K’Alma Spa at Hotel Victor, the first in Miami to incorporate authentic Peruvian crystal healing therapies. Treat her to a heart-opening treatment with the “Unconditional Love” special, which starts with a rose aromatherapy guided meditation, followed by sound healing to open up the heart chakra. The experience is topped off with a rose quartz-infused body treatment and massage.
- Treatments at the award-winning mySpa located at the InterContinental Miami include “Elemis Rose Collagen Facial,” featuring English rose extract to reveal hydrated, smooth and glowing skin; and a “Mom and Me” package which includes glasses of bubbly, and side-by-side luxe massage followed by a deeply hydrating mini–Elemis Facial.
- Take mom on a journey at Leaf Spa at Hotel AKA Brickell with the “Mother’s Day Spascape” special, which starts with a Palo Santo cleanse to purify her energy, followed by an herbal-infused salt scrub to shed away and rejuvenate the skin. Her journey is complete with a luxurious champagne-infused massage and reiki-infused mask.
“Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Times of The Temptations” is the electrifying, new smash-hit musical that follows the journey of the iconic musical group from the streets of Detroit to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Complete with their signature dance moves and silky-smooth harmonies, they rose to the top of the charts. It tells a thrilling story of brotherhood, family and loyalty, which mom might just fancy seeing. Read more about the musical here.
Whether you’re looking for a beautifully unique musical performance for mom or a romantic candlelit experience for your significant other, these performances are for you. Find one of her favorite artists and enjoy their best works performed by a string quartet inside one of the city’s most exquisite buildings where the walls will be flickering by candlelight. Check out some of the concerts playing this month below:
- May 11: Taylor Swift
- May 13: Coldplay
- May 14: 100 Years of Warner Bros.
- May 19: Beyoncé
- May 21: Fleetwood Mac
- May 21: Juan Gabriel
Grab your maternal figures and kick off Mother’s Day weekend with a screening of “Mamma Mia”! On May 11, the downtown Miami museum in partnership with Ballyhoo Media, is hosting a special Floating Films movie night with Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava. While the free film screens at 8 p.m., Verde will have happy hour specials from 5 to 8 p.m. and there will be live music by the Ben Beal Trio from 5 to 7 p.m.
CocoWalk is inviting mothers and their little ones to a complimentary music-inspired, fitness class with Rina Martinez on the Cocokwalk Rooftop. On Saturday, May 13, at 11 a.m., make your way to the top of the One CocoWalk office building for a fitness class where mom and child can interact and strengthen their bond. After class, stop by the Spring Market for an afternoon of delightful offerings and family-friendly fun.
13-18. Give mom the toast she deserves with drink and dessert deals!
A meal is one way to honor her special day, but a decadent drink promotion or a free dessert takes it an extra step further. Whether she’s into a classic mimosa or some cake, you can say “cheers” to the following spots this Mother’s Day:
- From 12 p.m. until 5 p.m., North Miami favorite Evio’s Pizza & Grill is pouring all moms their choice of complimentary mimosas or sangria prepared with Elio’s top secret recipe.
- Pisco y Nazca and Bulla Gastrobar are not only opening their doors one hour earlier on Mother’s Day, they’ll be offering delicious three-course prix fixe brunch menus for only $30. Whether mom is craving Peruvian or Spanish fare, both restaurants will be offering the deal in addition to bottomless mimosas or sangria for only $20 more. Plus, a complimentary dessert will also be served during dinner hours for those that mention they’re celebrating the holiday.
- In addition to its already sumptuous brunch menu, families at Red Rooster can enjoy Mother’s Day specials like chilled white asparagus soup, blackened diver scallops and a blackberry macadamia nut cobbler for dessert. The Overtown restaurant will also be offering a complimentary glass of bubbles and a flower upon arrival.
- Apart from enjoying KAO Sushi & Grill’s Miracle Mile menu with a wide selection of expertly grilled meats, delectable sushi rolls and tapas, all mothers will receive a complimentary French’ 75 cocktail and red velvet cake.
- All mothers dining at Vinya Table in Coral Gables will receive a complimentary glass of Rosé and a “Make Your Own Mimosas” drink special for $35 including a bottle of bubbly and multiple juices.
- The first 75 tables at American Social in Brickell will receive a complimentary glass of La Marca Rosé and a rose during its legendary brunch, featuring boundary-pushing flavors like Fruity Pebbles chicken & waffles, grilled chicken mac & cheese, wide awake steak & eggs and more.
19. Celebrate with a delicious Mother’s Day brunch
Nothing says quality bonding time like some good brunch food with your mom! Many restaurants around the city are offering specialty menus and deals for Mother’s Day this year. Check out our list of restaurants serving up delicious brunch and make sure you get your table reservations in before it’s too late!
- Rusty Pelican, Key Biscayne
- Hutong, Brickell
- Mayfair Grill, Coconut Grove
- Zucca, Coral Gables
- Gold Coast Kitchen + Cocktails, Downtown
- Mareva 1939, Miami Beach
- Joliet, Miami Beach
- Ol’Days, Midtown
- Love Life Cafe, Wynwood
- The Deck at Island Gardens
There’s something about a view that just makes any experience better. And if mom loves a good feed with the addition of unmatched views of the city, then check out our list of 23 of the most beautiful Miami rooftops where you can go to enjoy a bite to eat or a drink while looking out into the distance. Many rooftops will celebrate moms with special menus, like Level 6 in the Grove with new brunch additions like bacon dates, yellow gazpacho, grilled lamb chops and clementine panna cotta.
Some moms aren’t fond of swinging among the trees like Tarzan and Jane, while others love a good adrenaline rush and will dive right in! If this sounds like your mom, a trip to Treetop Trekking, South Florida’s first and only aerial zipline adventure park, will have you capturing amazing memories as you glide through the skies together. Available only on Mother’s Day, moms will receive free admission with the purchase of 2 kids’ courses.
The bustling Wynwood hotspot will be hosting a runway contest for the moms in attendance – and the mom with the fiercest walk will receive a complimentary bottle of Veuve Clicquot! Hosted by Miami’s own Athena Dion, R House’s famed brunch features an impressive spread of items to nosh on while enjoying the city’s most storied Drag performances. The menu includes bottomless mimosas, white wine sangria and mojitos, and new menu highlights include Cayenne Fried Chicken with spicy cilantro sauce, R Cuban Breakfast Croissant and Cinnamon Sweet French Toast with guava syrup.
Pair up with mom and challenge her to a friendly game of mini golf! Upon arrival on Sunday, May 14th, moms will receive a flower for the occasion and can take photos with a special banner and balloon arch setup at the Brickell location. Enjoy delicious bites from the globally-inspired menu along with an array of mocktail and cocktail offerings and test your skills during a high-energy, game of tech-infused mini golf.
Feel like royalty with your mom when you sip on high afteroon tea around Miami! From finger sandwiches at the vintage Tea Room at Cauley Square to an adorable macaron wheel at Lily and Rose Tearoom, check out our favorite posh tea spots in the city here.
With over 70 interactive paradox-based exhibits, Wynwood’s newest immersive museum is the perfect activity for a one-on-one with mom or the entire family. On Sunday, May 14, those looking to explore Paradox Museum’s Instagrammable and eye-tricking experiences can buy 2 tickets and get the third one free for mom. Plus, the first 100 mothers to visit Paradox will also receive a complimentary rose.
With over 50 unique pies, cakes, cheesecakes, brownies, bars and cookies to choose from, sweeten your Mother’s Day by stopping by one of Fireman Derek’s Bake Shop locations. Pick up an extraordinary dessert confection like the key lime, brownie bomb or dulce banana cream pies, or a strawberry crunch, coconut guava rum and carrot cake.