Every year, Carnaval on the Mile celebrates the vibrant culture of Miami’s Latin and Caribbean communities through the best of local art, music, food and entertainment. Now’s that tine again where the weekend-long festival is returning to the city this Saturday and Sunday, March 4-5!
As its name suggests, the annual street party takes over Miracle Mile with festivities fit for the whole family. Those attending will enjoy great live music; a bevy of paintings, photography, art and jewelry; children’s activities and of course, delicious cuisine.
And the best part? The festival is free to attend!
This year’s musical lineup will span across three stages and include local and national acts like Spam Allstars, Flor de Toloache, Sonlokos featuring Leslie Cartaya and Bonco Quiñngo and more.
The fun, two-day festival is hosted by the Kiwanis Club of Little Havana, who are also behind the Calle Ocho Music Festival which fills 15 blocks of Little Havana with multiple performances. It’s for a great cause too, as Carnaval Miami is an annual fundraiser event to support youth development programs of the Kiwanis Little Havana Foundation.
See below for a complete list of performances:
- 12:15 – School of Rock (Coconut Grove)
- 1:15 p.m. – Miami Arts Studio
- 2:30 p.m. – Zulia
- 3:30 p.m. – PinoGrillo
- 5 p.m. – SonLokos featuring Leslie Cartaya and Bonco Quinongo
- 6:15 p.m. – People You Know
- 7:30 p.m. – Spam All Stars
- 9:30 p.m. – Flor de Toloache
- 12 p.m. – Basse Frequence
- 1:15 p.m. – Christopher Columbus Jazz Band
- 2:30 p.m. – Sol and the Tribu
- 3:45 p.m. – Flor de Toloache
- 5:30 p.m. – Los Hacheros featuring Papote Jimenez
- 12:30 p.m. – School of Rock (Coral Gables)
- 2 p.m. – JT7
- 3:15 p.m. – Machaka Band
- 4:30 p.m. – Electric Kif
- 6 p.m. – Bofre
- 7:45 p.m. – Los Hacheros featuring Papote Jimenez
- 9:30 p.m. – French Horn Collective
- 1 p.m. – Juanabe
- 2 p.m. – Miamibloco
- 3:15 p.m. – Nil Lara
- 5 p.m. – Monophonics
- 12 p.m. – Somerset Silver Palms
- 1 p.m. – COHEA
- 2 p.m. – Doral Academy Preparatory
- 3 p.m. – Somerset Academy Prep N.L.
- 4 p.m. – Mater Academy High
- 6 p.m. – DJ Fate
- 12 p.m. – Somerset Oaks Academy
- 1 p.m. – Pinecrest North Preparatory
- 2 p.m. – Somerset Gables
- 3 p.m. – Somerset Academy Bay
- 4 p.m. – Mater Preparatory Academy
Carnaval on the Mile takes place right on Miracle Mile, the street of Coral Way between LeJeune Road and Douglas Road in Coral Gables. It will start at 10 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. For more information, visit their website here.