The extraordinary culinary collaboration will transport you on a joyous journey of flavors, with special dishes paying homage to countries and regions like Cuba, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Venezuela, Peru, Colombia and more.
But it’s not just about food — it’s a celebration for the entire family with live music performances and exciting activities! Once you’re done stuffing your face with delectable street foods, dance to the Latin rhythms with the guidance of Dominican dance teacher Randy Santos for a salsa class, test your skills in a lively Domino contest, let your creativity flow with coloring for kids, and groove to the beats of Puerto Rican salsa band, Mofongo de Plena.
On the culinary side, Smorg’s vendors will showcase special dishes that will only be available during the event:
- Coco House: Cocada Venezolana
- Cool and Creamy Tent: Frozen Guanabana “soursop”
- Cool and Creamy Trailer: Guava Sundae
- Elote Lovers: Elote en Vaso with Picadillo and Plantain Chips
- Hong Kong Style: Pollo Guisado or Chicharron with Noodles or Scallion Pancakes
- Kitty Boba Tea House: Mock Pina Colada with Lychee Jelly
- Nothing Butt Oxtail: Oxtail Empanada
- Sandoches: Peruvian Turkey Butifarra
- Santo Dulce: Tres Leches Ice Cream with Guava Cheese Churro
- Spillmug: Butterbeer Latte
- Tio Paella: Empanadillas de Mariscos
- La Milanation: Pan de Lomito, Argentina Steak Sandwich
- D’Pura Cepa: Empanadilla de Tripleta & Ensalada de Carrucho con Guineito con Arepa de Coco, Empanada of Turkey and Beef & Puerto Rican Mixed Chopped Salad with a Coconut Arepa
They will also have guest vendors like Finka, Dale Street Food and The Wolf of Tacos offering their own specials for the weekend.
The Hispanic Heritage Month event will take place at Smorgasburg’s Wynwood and Lincoln Road locations on September 29-October 1, so make sure to mark your calendars for the last weekend of September!
Check out the full schedule below:
Friday, September 29
Lincoln Road 📍
- Children’s Art Activity – Coloring Pages and Crayons
- 7 – 10 pm Randy Santos Salsa Class
Saturday, September 30 & Sunday, October 1
- 2 – 3 pm Children’s Art Activity
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm Domino Contest
- 4:30 – 5:15 pm Randy Santos Salsa Class
- 5:45 – 6:30 pm Randy Santos Salsa Class
- 7 – 8 pm Mofongo De Plena Live Music