President Biden will be visiting the site of the Champlain Towers South collapse on Thursday, July 1. Here’s what to know if you’ll be driving through North Miami-Dade this morning.
Traffic is about to get even more hectic. As Miami-Dade prepares for President Biden’s visit to the site of Surfside’s condo collapse, commuters can expect a more hectic rush hour than usual. Miami-Dade police department announced earlier on Thursday morning that in addition to the current road closures surrounding the site of the Champlain Towers wreckage, drivers could expect additional road blocks and traffic delays.
While the exact route of the Presidential caravan has not been revealed the Miami Herald has predicted there will likely be roadblocks ahead in the following highways and roads:
- State Road 112.
- State Road 836 (the Dolphin Expressway).
- Interstate 95.
- Julia Tuttle Causeway (Interstate 195).
- Interstate 395 and the MacArthur Causeway.
- The 79th Street Causeway.
- The Broad Causeway.
- Alton Road and Collins Avenue in Miami Beach
- Surrounding streets to all the above such as Biscayne Boulevard, 79th Street, and 125th Street.
This is a developing story, we will provide updates as they become available.
Featured image: Unsplash]