October is upon us, so it’s time to catch a frightening flick on the big scream – sorry – screen, if you haven’t already! Whether it’s a scenic night out at a rooftop cinema or a park with all the chills and thrills on a giant screen, there are plenty of spots around the city bringing some delightful movie magic under the stars.
If you want bring the little ones to an animated classic or you want to catch a dark showing for yourself, here are some of the best screenings you can find this fall:
1. Moonlight Halloween Screening: Hocus Pocus at Nikki Beach
Grab some freshly made popcorn and prop yourself on one of Nikki Beach’s plush daybeds with a cozy blanket because the beach club will be screening Hocus Pocus. All ages are welcome to see the ’90s Halloween classic under the moonlight, and there are two options to choose from: A lounge chair package, which accommodates one guest at $15 and includes one movie ticket and one gourmet popcorn serving, or a daybed package, which accommodates up to 4 people for $50, including four movie passes and one gourmet popcorn serving per guest.
Click here to learn more and you can make reservations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: October 29, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Where: 1 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139
2. SoundScape Cinema Screenings at Soundscape Park
If you’re into setting up a picnic dinner and enjoying weeding movies on a soaring 7,000-square-foot projection wall outside the New World Center (who isn’t), then head to SoundScape Park for the 13th SoundScape Cinema Series! With a lengthy lineup ranging from October through May, the park will be featuring a free movie each Wednesday at 8 p.m. on the southwest corner of Washington Avenue and 17 Street, including:
- October 12 – Dune
- October 19 – Ghostbusters: Afterlife
- October 26 – Hocus Pocus
Where: 400 17th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139
3. Rocky Horror Picture Show at The Miami Beach Bandshell
O Cinema’s Halloween tradition returns for a glorious evening of madness, mayhem and music at The Miami Beach Bandshell for an annual screening of THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW! On October 30, don’t only watch the film – become a part of the cast! Come dressed kinky, scary, as a character from the iconic film or simply come as you are and take part in their Freak Show Fashion Parade! The event is for those ages 18 or older and food and beverages will be available for purchase at the showing. Click here to learn more.
When: October 30, 6 p.m.
Where: 7275 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33141
4. Trunk-or-Treat & Coco Movie Night in Downtown Doral Park
A themed movie night for Coco will take place following Doral’s Trunk-or-Treat contest. Kids will walk from car-to-car, all decked out in unique decorations, collecting candy from 6 to 7 p.m. Both the event and Disney screening are free and open to the public. You can bring your own lawn chair and blanket.
When: October 21, 7 p.m.
Where: 8395 NW 53rd St, Doral, FL 33166
The outdoor cinema is screening over 40 different Halloween-esque titles for the entire month of October, with events like:
- Witches Weekender (Oct. 22-23) – Weekend-long movie collection of witchy classics, including Practical Magic, The Craft, The Witches of Eastwick and more.
- Wooftop Puppyween (Oct. 25) – Celebrate Halloween with your doggo! Event includes a puppy costume contest, complimentary candy, and they’ll be playing Ghostbusters.
The rest of the program follows as such:
- Oct. 11 – 14: Hocus Pocus, Scream, Edward Scissorhands, Scary Movie, American Psycho, The Shining, Friday the 13th
- Oct. 15 – 18: Halloweentown, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Final Destination, Candyman, Hocus Pocus, It, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, A Quiet Place
- Oct. 19 – 21: The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Addams Family, The Sixth Sense, Halloween II
- Oct. 24 – 27: A Quiet Place Part II, Hereditary, Scream, Nope, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hocus Pocus, Tales from the Hood
- Oct. 28 – 31: The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Jennifer’s Body, Hocus Pocus, The Exorcist
Click here to see more of their lineup.
Where: 1212 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139
6. Dive-In Movie: Hocus Pocus at the Royal Palm South Beach Miami
You’ve heard of drive-in movies, but how about a dive-in movie? Head to the 2nd floor pool deck of the Royal Palm for a free screening of everyone’s favorite (not so) scary movie – Hocus Pocus! Food and beverages will be available for purchase — which include a Halloween snack menu and creepy cocktails like their Hocus Pocus Potion, served with dry ice.
When: October 30, 7 p.m. – 9 .m.
Where: 1545 Collins Avenue Miami Beach, FL 33139
7. Movie Under the Stars at at Novotel Miami Brickell
A night at the movies doesn’t get any better than a backdrop of glittering skyscrapers on a rooftop pool. At Novotel, a different film comes on the big screen every Thursday at 8 p.m., from family-friendly favorites to popular rom coms. These are their upcoming movies this month:
- October 13 – Beetle Juice
- October 20 – The Conjuring
October 27 – Corpse Bride
Tickets are $15 and include a welcome drink and popcorn. More fresh popcorn is available and you can also order food and drink specials from their Vista Pool Bar. Click here to visit their website.
Where: 1500 SW 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33129
8. Movie Night with Your Pup: Nightmare Before Christmas at The Barnacle
Take your dogs to see the Tim Burton classic out on the lawn at The Barnacle Historic Park in Coconut Grove! Make sure to bring your blankets and any goodies, but better yet, come in costume for a costume contest to win awesome prizes. The costume contest is judged at 7 p.m. and the movie starts at 7:30. This event is presented by The Barnacle Society and Equipaws Pet Services and all proceeds will go to rebuilding the Boathouse’s roof repairs. It’s $20 for adults and $10 for kids 10 and under.
When: October 21, 6:30 p.m.
Where: 3485 Main Hwy, Miami, FL 33133